The ICT Department Technical Team is committed to be the following:
• A quality technology service support to San Sebastian College.
• A center for the management, operation and development of the technology for San Sebastian
• A promoter of responsible digital citizenship among the members of the San Sebastian community.
The Information and Communication Technology Department is committed to do the following:
• To provide the optimum technological services and support to all offices of the San Sebastian College
• To continuously update the institution with technological services and developments that will best provide excellent programs and applications to the academic and non academic departments.
• To keep technology services of the institution morally free and intellectually enlivening and spiritually enriching.
Operational and Developmental Functions
1. To provide technical solutions to recurring problems arising from Student Information system, Registrar’s systems, Accounting System, Payroll system, EDP system)
2. To make SSC-R a WIFI campus so as to provide the faculty and students easy access to information and to facilitate enrollment procedures.
3. To develop web application for on-line enrollment reservation, payments of student fees, viewing of student information by parents or guardians, submission of grades by the faculty etc.
4. To ensure high-speed, reliable networking infrastructure to meet the academic and research requirements of the institution,
5. To maintain and secure all ICT assets and equipment (computer laboratories, office computers and printers, servers, switches routers etc.)
6. To draft an annual consolidated budget for the ICT needs of the whole institution
7. To develop the SSC-R e-learning systems; to promote the same for faculty and maintain its upkeep.
8. To systematize technical support to all offices and laboratories of SSC-R
9. To review and evaluate all ICT business related transaction of other second party with SSC-R.
Services provided by the department include:
- File servers, software deployment
- Internet services – mail and internet access
- Bandwidth accounting & control for student labs
- Workshop services – hardware repair, upgrades and software installations
- Network design & management